AdventHealth Patient Advocate Otolaryngology Altamonte FT Days in Altamonte Springs, Florida
* Patient Advocate AdventHealth Medical Group*
* Location Address:* 661 E Altamonte Dr Ste 325, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
* Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group*
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
* Work Hours/Shift:*
- Monday through Thursday 8am to 5pm and Friday 8am to 12pm Full-time
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Serves as liaison between the insurance company, the patient and the physician and accurately communicates insurance benefits/requirements to patients
- Responds to non-clinical questions for patients and routes all other calls correctly.
- Provides individualized support and guidance for patients and maintains timely responsiveness to patient inquiries, questions and concerns.
- Prepares patient charts prior to visit. Updates patient status in electronic tracking program
- Contacts insurance company to obtain referral number or pre-certification/authorization as needed per procedure and files referrals, authorizations and clearances appropriately
* What You Will Need:*
- High School graduate or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of health care field and medical terminology preferred.
- Experience with computers required.
- Must be willing to float to other AdventHealth Medical Group practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules, etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
* Job Summary:*
The Patient Advocate is responsible for assisting patients in meeting their insurance requirements, scheduling and expediting necessary appointments, and discussing any questions, complaints, comments or suggestions with patients and their families. Advocates for patients in resolution of concerns and works with staff to resolve concerns and improve services.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs