Texas Veterans Commission TVC Veterans Employer Liaison in Amarillo, Texas
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. College transcripts must be attached to the application. To receive Veterans’ preference, a copy of the DD Form 214 (member #1 not accepted), must be attached when submitting your Application. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
**A skills test such as a Presentation will be required at the time of the interview.
*Submitted Through Work in Texas: *
Work in Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. To complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. CAPPS Recruit:https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Serves as a vital member of the Veterans Employment Services team by advocating for Veterans’ employment and training opportunities with business, industry, and community-based organizations. The Veterans Employer Liaison (VEL) disseminates information regarding employment and training programs and facilitates Veteran access to all workforce development programs and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach to employers, organizations, and other service providers to promote Veterans employment goals and objectives and to assist Veterans in gaining employment.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with business organizations, employers, labor unions, and Veterans’ service organizations.
- Facilitate Veteran employment by coordinating and collaborating with Workforce partners to include Workforce Business Services Units to ensure optimum employment and training opportunities for Veterans.
- Analyze labor market information for employment trends and develop strategic initiatives and regional plans for effective employer recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate with Veteran Career Advisors and partner staff to provide job opportunities to specific Veterans.
- Review and analyze Veteran qualifications to ensure they meet the requirements for employer’s job opportunities.
- Plan and participate in job and career fairs.
- Make presentations to employers and other groups to promote Veteran services.
- Conduct seminars for employers and job search workshops with employers.
- Promote credentialing and licensing opportunities for Veterans.
- Review and report on the Workforce services provided to Veterans and recommend strategies, solutions, or corrective action when required.
- Provide training and technical assistance to staff administering services to Veterans; prepare quarterly reports.
- Enter and retrieve information to/from computer systems (WorkinTexas.com, TWIST, or other electronic databases, etc.)
- General personal computer, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft office and internet research experience preferred.
- Travel may be required at least 10% of the time for work-related functions.
- Work hours other than 8-5 may be required.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Military Crosswalk information:
Minimum Education:Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, human resources, marketing, social work or a related field. Experience may be substituted for education on a year by year basis. College transcripts must be attached to the application.
Experience: Two years of experience in the Human Resources, Recruiting, or Marketing.
/Applicants must be a Veteran who served on active duty for a period of more than 180 days and was discharged/released with other than dishonorable discharge; OR a Veteran who was discharged/released from active duty because of a service connected disability; OR an eligible person as defined by Title 38 of the United States Code.*In order to demonstrate qualification, a DD form 214 along with any supporting documentation validating qualification in a category must be attached to the application. */
Additional Requirements: A valid Texas Driver’s License is required.
Preferred Experience and Qualification:
- Experience in developing marketing strategies or recruiting activities that promotes the hiring of applicants by employers.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to groups, conducting seminars or participating in job fairs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Windows and the Internet.
- Experience with public relations, and communications skills.
- Experience working in a team environment that is process-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, while delivering exceptional service.
Experience with an Applicant Tracking Systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Military Occupations and transferable skills.
- Knowledge of interviewing and assessment techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Skill in conducting interviews and in counseling others.
- Skill in operating computers and applicable software.
- Skill in counseling special applicant groups; evaluate information obtained in review of Veterans’ programs; and to maintain effective public contacts.
- Ability to coordinate Veterans’ services.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to train others.
- Ability to gather, assess and analyze Veterans’ needs.
*Environmental & Physical Conditions: *
Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Notes to the Applicant:
To receive Veterans’ preference, a copy of theDD Form 214 (member #1 not accepted), must be attached when submitting your application. College transcripts must be attached to the application. If you require any reasonable accommodation for the interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls to schedule your interview.
This position has been designated as a security sensitive position. A criminal background investigation will be conducted on the final candidate for this position.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEPHONE CALLS APPLICANTS SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
- Veterans Information:*The Texas Veterans Commission is committed to hiring Veterans and is proud to employ the highest percentage of Veterans among all state agencies. Additional info may apply via the job posting.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Texas Veterans Commission does not discriminate on the basis, of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Job: *Business and Financial Operations
Organization: *TEXAS VETERANS COMMISSION
Title: TVC Veterans Employer Liaison
Requisition ID: 00015424