The Boeing Company C32/C40 Logistics Representative Associate in Andrews AFB CDP, Maryland
The Boeing Company is seeking an experienced Logistics Support Representative for the C-40 and C-32 Aircraft at Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland, near Washington DC for Swing Shift (2nd shift)
• Successful candidates will be members of a Boeing on site team that will provide product support to the US Air Force (USAF) under a Support Contract. Logistic support includes management of parts covered by the Contract, inventory control, stock management, packaging and transportation, and import and export documentation control.
• The candidate will need to develop an understanding of customer's culture and business strategies as well as create, maintain and advance customer relationships.
• The candidate will require a medium level of proficiency in computer-based inventory control and supply accounting systems.
• Perform analysis of information from multiple sources to determine accuracy relative to delivery schedules, inventories levels, requirements, etc.
• Maintain and update parts data using Boeing information systems that distribute materials management information to required recipients.
• Candidate must also be able to qualify / operate a forklift (training will be provided).
• Monitor Boeing and Customer operational obligations in accordance with the Contract SOW.
• Aggregate and review, required company reports, that would be used as performance reports provided to the USAF.
• Track and monitor aircraft repairable parts returned by the customer/ by Suppliers.
• In coordination with the USAF, identify and resolve any contractual customers' inventory discrepancies.
• Follow up with freight forwarder on documentation. Examples, commercial invoice, Shipper’s Letter of Instructions, specific letters, etc.
• Follow up with freight forwarder until the arrival of parts to the warehouse as well as dispatch of parts from the warehouse to freight forwarder.
• Prepare special documents to get approval for shipping any hazardous materials that needs prior approvals.
• Work will include flexible shifts and will also require to respond during after-hours, weekends, and holidays.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (interim pre-start, final post-start)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Minimum 1 year experience with inventory management or supply chain management processes and techniques.
• Experienced in use and application of Microsoft Suite.
• Flexibility to work morning/evening/night/weekend/holiday shifts at any given notice.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Previous experience executing Very Important Person aircraft mission requirements.
• Working knowledge of GOLD or other ERP/MRP Systems (SAP, etc.).
• Previous experience reading and interpreting Technical Publications of aircraft maintenance and parts manuals, engineering drawings.
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Boeing Company
- The Boeing Company Jobs