IQVIA Associate Director, Product UX Design in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Overview: Remote Position
Design Leader to influence user experience strategy and artifacts as an individual contributor as well as a team lead of designers. This person will be a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways with user experience tightly coupled with human centric design, technical boundaries, simplistic designs and measurable outputs via artifacts that can be executed by product engineering team.
User Experience Design Leadership:
○ Ability to collaboratively create strategy from quantitative and qualitative research
○ Develop and oversee effective designs direction that deliver on the product strategies, are unique to the market and genuine to the beliefs, and vision of the brand
○ Develop presentations that clearly and effectively tell the story of our work, lead the team in collaborating on those presentations, and regularly present the work to our clients
○ Participate in the monthly meeting with leadership and partners to discuss the status of the user experience design function and collaborate on ways to make it better
○ Proactively propose and lead initiatives within the user experience function co-related with product's growth strategy
User Experience Core Skills:
○ Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
○ Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
○ Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
○ Generally focused on the look, feel, operation, information architecture, best user experience and functionality of a software product
○ Lead and contribute to the research & discovery phase through competitive research, and the formulation of key take-aways and opportunities for product strategy
○ Approach every product initiative with a solutions oriented mindset, clear purpose and ensure all executions meet business and user goals
○ Conducts and strategies usability testing using various techniques and is able to make a solid recommendation to the product engineering team and business team on product success vs. recommendations. Lead recommendation to be part of the product roadmap based on product roadmap prioritization exercise.
○ Apply lean methods to iterate through product design deliverables with concrete plan with the shared understanding by all cross functional team members and leadership to anticipate outcomes and results that drives experience strategy of the users of the product
○ Well versed with design system, user research, design strategy to achieve maximum outcome in the product area
○ Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
○ Use primary, secondary, quantitative, qualitative, market, and ethnographic research methods to investigate and understand user behavior, motivation, and goals across products
○ Translate research knowledge into meaningful insights for cross-functional teams such as Product UX Design, Product Management, and Product Development, to inform and improve our products
○ Define, structure, and conduct appropriate research methods according to targeted goals and metrics
○ Conduct research to explore and evaluate desired experiences, analyze research data, present findings, and make prioritized design recommendations
○ Collaborate with cross-functional teams and other stakeholders to create research plans according to desired outcomes
○ Communicate out research findings with a strategic voice, prioritized recommendations product management, designers, developers, and executives through visually compelling presentations and documents
Collaboration and Partnership:
○ Ability to communicate strategy to stakeholders through influence and presence
○ Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
○ Work closely with PMs, lead the team in developing designs and a systematic approach to the design language across mediums
○ Ability to execute strategy collaboratively with designers, engineers and product managers
○ Well versed and experience with Agile product development methods and experience designers operational and strategic engagement with product engineering team members
○ Develops, assesses and communicates product usability to leadership team and product development team by building direct relationship with the users of the product
○ Conduct product governance and/or pre-implementation product phase to influence experience driven design with clearly defined Research and Interview Framework, Research objectives, Design Project Plan, manage product artifacts and influence prioritization
○ Ensure you are able to drive "In Development and or In sprint product" phase to influence experience driven design and manage expected artifacts by Testing and validating research objectives, Creating Design Project Plan, developing Product Artifacts while influencing product prioritization as an active Scrum Team Member when necessary.
○ Ability to influence experience driven design post product rollout or post development delivery via Research and Interview Framework, Communication/Socialization and Testing/Validation/Outcomes
• Bachelor Degree Required, experience in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline, or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of product design experience with an accompanying portfolio.
• 7+years of shipping product experiences.
• An exceptional presenter, communicator that drives an end to end product design for portfolio of products
• Experience working with both generative and evaluative UX research.
• Experience working in a enterprise products in complex eco-system with complex persona mapping aligned with business processes and usage of the product. Relentless attention to detail.
• Experience delivering clear insights, problem solving, and simple solutions
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs