Cargill Production Operator in Buffalo, Iowa
This full-time position is located in Buffalo, Iowa; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The Production Operator position entails performing tasks in the bagging and shipping/receiving area to ensure proper production, loading and shipping of packaged salt products. This includes operating packing equipment, driving a forklift for the transfer of palletized product for storage and loading within the warehouse and shipping areas. General cleanup duties in the warehouse and shipping areas are required.
• Safely and efficiently operate equipment at site, including but not limited to bagging machines, shipping computers, and pallet inverters.
• Safely operate motorized vehicles used to move or lift products, equipment, or materials within and around plant.
• Operate computers to check work orders/schedule, print shipping paperwork and labels.
• Comply with corporate policies and procedures related to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Feed Safety risks associated with products
• Support a culture of zero fatality, injury and illness.
• Understand and proactively avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses.
• Perform general tasks around plant with minimal supervision.
• No relocation assistance is provided.
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
• Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays, with limited notice
• Experienced in the use of computers.
• Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
• Be physically able to perform the job duties including bending, stooping, shoveling, sweeping, pounding with hammers, climbing stairs and ladders, opening and closing valves, and extended driving/riding/maneuvering of forklifts.
• Lifting of product and tools up to 50 lbs. at various heights. This can be a frequent requirement depending on need.
• Must be able to operate machinery
• Forklift Certified
• At least 1 year of experience in production related work
• High School diploma or Equivalent
• Ability to operate machinery
• Basic computer operation skills
• Experience operating and troubleshooting industrial equipment (ex., packaging machinery, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs