Avantor, Inc. Senior Cloud Engineer in Coimbatore, India
Job SummaryAs a member of the IT Operations group, reporting to the Senior Manager of Platform Services, the Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible to perform cloud engineering duties as a member of a growing team of dedicated cloud engineers & architects. You will have opportunity to work on wide range of cloud technologies within Amazon Web Services. You will network with individuals at all levels of the organization as a spokesperson and an expert in your field. You will perform hands-on duties on cloud technologies primarily focused on PaaS services, troubleshooting and managing cloud services. Key success factors will include a positive attitude, good work ethics and the ability to work independently as well as within teams. As part of this well-respected IT group, you will enjoy a wide variety of hands-on work in emerging technologies within a supportive team environment.
Job Description Details
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· D esign and configure cloud solutions and cloud automation.
· Work closely with the Network and Security team s to architect, deploy and configure cloud connectivity, the underlying cloud foundation and cloud security layers (cloud accounts, network buildout, cloud subnetting, and security settings).
· Write and maintain scripts to increase efficiency and reduce human intervention.
· Build/manage CI/CD framework for Clo ud F ormatio n activities .
· Manage and maintain cloud services and settings using cloud vendor console.
· C onfigur e backup & disaster recovery and troubleshoots issues related to backup and DR.
· Support proof-of-concept initiatives in cloud “sandboxes” to address business challenges.
· Assist application teams to refactor and migrate applications to public cloud services.
· I dentify cloud savings opportunities through improved configuration of existing systems.
· Monitor for and review alerts and notifications related to cloud service events.
· A dhere to and compl y with change management processes and procedures .
· Assist with design and plan ning of cloud service offerings.
· Assist with setting processes and determin ing tools for enterprise service delivery.
· Advocate for cloud through participation and leadership in cloud center of knowledge and cloud ideation work-sessions .
· Support manager in streamlining processes for enterprise level service delivery.
· Support manager in developing technical roadmaps for future cloud implementations.
· R eview new and emerging cloud offerings for enterprise fit and business use.
· R esolve cloud i ssues and participate in global incident management as needed .
· Ensure security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
· Other duties as assigned .
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent education /experience
5 + years of experience in AWS is a must and overall 7+ years of experience in IT
E xperience in Cloud migration, Cloud service implementatio n and troubleshooting is required
Very good e xperience with Linux & Windows OS and scripting in Python, YAML, JSON etc.,
Candidate with AWS certification is preferred
Microsoft Azure knowledge is nice to have
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong knowledge in development or and support of IaaS and PaaS cloud services in AWS
Thorough understanding of cloud ( VPC, ALB/NLB, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, EC2, Cloud Security etc.,)
Knowledge o f Cloud Orchestration, Automation, and Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation)
Highly s killed in scripting
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Excellent written and verbal communication s kills
Accustomed to work within the ITIL framework of Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration and R elease M anagement
Ability to be an on-call escalation point for production support and scheduled off-hours/weekend work if/when required
Desire to focus on and please the customer, ability to understand requests from the customer’s point of view
Commitment to high professional and ethical standards in a diverse workplace
Environmental working conditions & Physical effort:
Currently work is performed remotely (work from home), with the ability to remain as such if agreed upon during the hiring process. Personal computer will be supplied, adequate network connectivity while working remotely is required and is the responsibility of the individual
When offic es re-open, work ing from Coimbatore or Pune location is expected to resume .
O ffice s ha ve a dequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis
Flexibility in working hours is expected and flexing as required by current projects
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We recognize the value of diverse workforce and aim to create employment opportunities such that all employees achieve their full potential and work in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, caste, color, religious creed, ethnicity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by central, national, provincial or local laws.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. One of our greatest strengths comes from having a global infrastructure that is strategically located to support the needs of our customers. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world. For information visit, www.avantorsciences.com and find us on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avantorinc/) , Twitter (https://twitter.com/Avantor_News) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Avantorinc/) .
- Avantor, Inc. Jobs