AdventHealth Cath Lab Tech ll RFP Deland in Deland, Florida
Cath Lab Tech ll RFP AdventHealth Deland
Location Address: 701 West Plymouth Avenue, Deland Florida 32720
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Deland
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living
- Great benefits
- Full time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assist physicians performing diagnostic procedures:
- Prepping and draping the patient
- Passing instruments, guide wires, catheters, etc.
- Monitoring patient blood pressure as directed by physician
- Maintains integrity and sterility of equipment and supplies throughout the procedure
- Selects proper technical factors and positioning to demonstrate anatomy and suspected pathology
- Utilizes immobilization devices as appropriate for the safety and comfort of the patient
- Recognizes and communicates the electrocardiographic and hemodynamic changes to the physician and appropriate staff members throughout the procedure
- Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient’s condition during procedure and reports data to the appropriate person
- Performs general diagnostic procedures as necessary
- Prepares patient in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of drugs commonly used in the Special Procedures Laboratory
- Utilizes knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective patient care:
- Identifies the total needs of the patients
- Ensures proper procedure and precautions are followed
- Plans for and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment for the patient
- Carries out those activities delegated by the physician, which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures
- Demonstrates the ability to learn and practice new techniques and equipment utilization by attending training sessions and familiarizing self with new procedure revisions as they occur
- Documentation of patient care:
- Prepares designated forms and records pertinent information of records
- Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient’s condition during procedure and reports to the appropriate person
- Prepares patient (preps and shaves) in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly
- Facilitates implementation of physician’s orders accurately, promptly, and courteously
- Files all patient data and films in accordance with established department system on a daily basis
- May be required to work longer than regularly scheduled shift when situation requires
- Will be required to take on call on a regular basis including weekends
* KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:*
- Demonstrate outstanding clinical and technical skills within the scope of duties defined by the respective license.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of cardiac catheterization procedures, complications, processes, and products.
- Requires satisfactory completion of a formal education program for registered nurse, radiological technology, cardiopulmonary or cardiovascular technology program, or paramedic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in addition to computer proficiency.
What You Will Need:
Three years’ experience in an interventional laboratory required.
BLS and ACLS certification required.
Current FL license/certificate required.
The Special Procedures Tech II will ensure the delivery of safe and effective patient care knowledgeable and proficient in the treatment of interventional and diagnostic cardiology and radiology for inpatients and outpatients under the direction of the Special Procedures Manager, Administrative Director and the Medical Director. This position requires intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Cardiology and Radiology. The Special Procedures Tech II will be required to act as a staff preceptor for new and existing staff.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs