Kiewit Corporation Drainage Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Requisition ID: 125589
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers has an immediate opening for a dynamic Hydraulics/Hydrology Engineer in our growing Hydraulics Group based in the Denver metropolitan area of Colorado. The Drainage Engineer will work with on a team with all levels of drainage engineers on a variety of projects across North America including design-build, public-private partnerships (P3), construction manager/general contractor (CM/GC), and design-bid-build. The Drainage Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team including geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis and design in support of pursuits and ongoing projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Lone Tree, CO office.
You will be part of teams responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, detailed hydrologic and hydraulic analysis (using various models and methods), and preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. This will require a broad understanding from a national perspective of the following:
• Single-event and continuous rainfall modeling
• Watershed analysis, hydrograph and peak discharge development and routing
• Software experience includes: HEC-HMS, SWMM, TR-55, SBUH and HSPF method programs
• Pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway and transit drainage
• Understanding of FHWA hydraulic engineering circulars and design series
• Flood analysis and knowledge of the NFIP including CLOMR and LOMRs
• Stormwater quantity / quality calculations, LID, NPDES compliance and erosion control
• Software experience includes: HEC-RAS, HEC-GEORAS, HY-8, CulvertMaster, StormCAD, CivilStorm, PondPack, FlowMaster, 2D experience helpful such as SRH-2D, FLO-2D
• Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and water resources projects. This includes developing terrain, grading and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages
• Software experience includes: MicroStation, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, GEOPAK, Inroads, Civil3D, OpenRoads, HydroCAD.
• 3D modeling a plus.
• BS or MS in Civil Engineering
• 2+ years design experience
• Design-Build project experience preferred
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and support project efforts.
• The candidate will possess strong project management skills including: scope development, schedule management and earned value management.
• The candidate will support plan production, specifications, estimate and drainage design development and will be responsible / in charge of engineering work and will be the Engineer of Record for final design projects.
• Must have FE/EIT
• This position includes occasional travel to project offices and work sites. Ability to travel at times
Base Compensation: $63,142 - $94,714
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs