Aerotek Microbiology Lab Technician in Edison, New Jersey
IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY STARTING JANUARY 18th! This is a great time to join as a Lab Technician, supporting a well-known genomics company. The Lab Techs will be trained in the Next Gen Sequencing department which is new cutting edge technology! You will be supporting some really important and exciting projects in DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next
generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Provides excellent training and career advancement opportunities!
· Independently carry out nucleic acid extractions from a variety of sample types
· Perform quantitative PCR (qPCR) set-up and data analysis
· Prepare libraries for high-throughput sequencing
· Carry out DNA sequencing on next-generation DNA analyzers
· Perform routine maintenance of DNA analyzers and related equipment
· Check inventory and replenish consumable sequencing supplies
· Communicate with customers by phone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner
· Follow SOPs and guidance of supervisors
· Be an effective team-player committed to company goals
• Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology or Biological Sciences (academic lab experience accepted, WILL TRAIN)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Computer program skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
genomics, biology, molecular biology, lab assistant, lab technician, lab tech, data entry, lab inventory, computer system
Top Skills Details:
Molecular Bio background
Lab techniques - PCR, pipetting
Going fast! If interested, please apply and you will receive a call from an Aerotek representative within 24-48 hours!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs