Amentum POD Technician I in Eielson AFB, Alaska
The period of performance will be 1 April thru 31 October: Relocation will not be offered.
Provide Electronic Technician mission support of Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI)/Air Combat Training Systems (ACTS) pod uploads and downloads on various military aircraft operating in the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC) or in other locations as directed.
• Provide Pod support for various U.S. military and Foreign aircraft
• Perform operational and sustainment support to include: installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, constructing and testing of various types of electronic equipment and components following detailed instructions
• Provide practical application of technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles and skills to fix equipment to original required operational condition
• Plan, organize and direct day to day pod loads when assigned
• Provide pod ID and aircraft data lineups to Red Flag ACMI Operations no later than 1 hour prior to first takeoff
• Update RAMPOD and the Red Flag Database for each pod in accordance with (IAW) applicable procedures as directed
• Transport and load various types of pods as directed
• Repair pods in IAW applicable technical manuals
High School diploma and graduated from a 2-year technical school, or equivalent military technical training with 2 years’ related experience at the journeyman level.
Employee must possess fundamental knowledge of electronics and basic computer skills.
Experience and/or assignments in a Pod Shop are desired.
Possess high level of familiarity with common test equipment such as digital multi-meters, signal generators and oscilloscopes.
Possess familiarity with and have maintenance skills for various test and training instrumentation pods, including MOKKITS, P4BEV2 and P5CTS pods.
Flexibility in work hours will be necessary to support mission scheduling, with extended hours occasionally required.
May be required to obtain and maintain a US DoD Security Clearance.
Must be a US citizen.
Local candidates. Relocation will not be offered.
An Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology preferred.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. In order to address your request, the following information is needed:
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.
- Amentum Jobs