KeyBank Sr. Software Engineer in Test in For Those Who Work At Home, Ohio
For Those Who Work At Home - Various, Ohio 44145
The Software Development Engineer in Test – 2 is a full-stack developer who works in partnership with the application developers to pursue efficiency and quality in the final product. This individual has a strong quality assurance mentality and is experienced in designing test automation that verifies requirements and meets the acceptance criteria of the stakeholders in security, performance, functionality or all of the above.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Develops quality artifacts from the list of automation testing types and tools.
• SDET2 works with a development team and participates in the complete development process.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Mastery of 2 or more of the above test types and a proficient competency level in additional 3 or more types.
• At least two years experience in a quality assurance role and an aptitude for analyzing an application’s intended functionality and how it will be used to be able to develop test automation that verifies it meets the stakeholders’ needs.
Competencies and Skills:
• Bring an engineering culture to every problem and in QA projects an Automation first mentality.
• A strong understanding of web applications and related architecture, specifically client side MVC and RESTful services.
• A Strong working knowledge of Node, NPM & NPM modules and Gulp.
• Proficient with SCM tools (SVN & GIT), browser and mobile test tools (Chrome, Appium, etc) and IDE’s including basic understanding of XCODE for mobile app testing.
• Strong Scripting skills (especially *nix based) and other programming language experience like Java/C# a plus.
• A strong team player and individual contributor, who can effectively work with cross-functional teams and departments, serve as an escalation point and mentor other team members.
• A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
Mobile by Design:
Key has implemented a role-based Mobile by Design approach to our employee workspaces, dedicating space to those whose roles require specific workspaces, while providing flexible options for roles which are less dependent on assigned workspaces and can be performed effectively in a mobile environment. As a result, this role may be mobile or home based, which means you may work either at a home office or in a Key facility to perform your job duties.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com .