Adidas America Manager Costing FW in Guangzhou, China
Manager Costing FW
Manager Costing FW
Area: Sourcing Footwear
Direct Reporting Line: Senior Manager Costing Footwear
Subsidiary/Country: adidas Sourcing Limited
Personnel managed: Yes
Job Code: Sourcing-Costing-M4-IC
PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION: To lead OC costing team in negotiating product cost in support of brand product margins requirements.
• Ensure execution of all standard costing processes within one or more operations center and lead the OC costing team and the Factory Costing Team in achieving the target FOB goals by active KPI management and timeline/schedule setting as well as ensuring the implementation of adidas policies and procedures within the supply base. (35%)
• Lead the negotiations with T1/T2 suppliers for outsoles, midsoles as well as for components containing weight, productivity, profit, loss, mold cost. (27%)
• Support the (Assistant) Costing Manager in collecting relevant data/information for selected products/ranges or categories for projects as well as participating as project member in projects. (10%)
• Build, leads, motivates and develops the respective OC costing team. (10%)
• Drives the cost saving suggestion discussions with the product creation teams including pattern Engineering, Mold Cavity etc. as well as signing responsible for potential Surcharge verifications and approvals. (8%)
• Actively leads the search of price competitive T2 suppliers for processes and components. (5%)
• Verifies and audits production lines in regards to line efficiency, material loss, yield consumption, Product complexity etc. compared to values in cost break downs. (5%)
• Collaborate closely with Development, Materials and other key functions within the LO and respective factories to ensure that products are developed to cost targets.
• Ensures business relationships between adidas and the assigned factory(ies) and suppliers are maintained at the highest level of trust and integrity.
• Internal customer: HQ both brands adidas and Reebok costing and product teams. LO operation teams and other departments. Ensure collaborative partnerships are maintained at highest level to achieve adidas’s overall objective.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to guide, manage and develop a team
• Strong price negotiation skills.
• Good sense of integrity.
• Some technical experience and knowledge of product construction and manufacturing methods helpful (product development or costing experience).
• IT-skills (e-mail, MS Office, Excel, Access a benefit).
• Good verbal and written communication skills in a global business setting.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• University/ Diploma or degree from educational entity focusing on economics
• 2 -4 years of relevant working experience
• Experience in Footwear or Apparel industry is a plus
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Manager Costing FW
TEAM: Global Operations
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Feb 22, 2021
- Adidas America Jobs