Need A Job Now

nlx logo

Need a Job Now

Job Information

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Permits Assistant, ZS-0303-3/4 (MAP) in Juneau, Alaska

Summary This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Alaska Region Office (AKRO),Restricted Access Management (RAM) with one vacancy in Juneau, AK. This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-AKR-2021-0021, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both. Responsibilities As a Permits Assistant, you will perform the following duties: Review, verify, and process applications for issuance and transfer of permits, licenses, and registrations for the harvesting and processing of federally managed fish. Provide high level technical support to fishery permit application developers or programmers on new fishery permits, license programs, or requirements. Provide regulatory and permit application information and customer service via call center type system. File applications, correspondence, and other official records in accordance with appropriate federal records management procedures and office policies. NOTES: These duties are described at the Full Performance Level ZS-4, the ZS-3 is developmental leading to such performance. Requirements Conditions of Employment Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply. Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check. Must be suitable for Federal employment. Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable ( Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement. This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.The ZS-3 is equivalent to the GS-05/06. The ZS-4 is equivalent to the GS-07/08. The full performance level of this position is ZS-4. NOTE:* A one year probationary period may be required. * Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.* This position is not in the bargaining unit. *This position requires a Low Risk Security Clearance.College Transcript:If you are qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned.You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume. You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. If course content cannot be easily identified from the title of the course as listed on your transcript, you must submit an official course description from the college/university that reflects the content at the time the course was taken.Note: Your college transcript is used to verify successful completion of degree, or college course work. An official college transcript will be required before you can report to duty. Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 p.m. EASTERN TIME (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. ThisJob Opportunity Announcementmay be used to fill other Permits Assistant, ZS-0303-3/4 positionsthroughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement). Qualifications Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: EDUCATION: There is no positive education requirement for this position.SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies; knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.To qualify at the ZS-3 or GS-05 level: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Applicants must possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZS-2 or equivalent to GS-04 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following: Utilizing software applications to track and compile data; and Assisting with receiving and preparing correspondence for customers. -OR-SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION:4 years above high school.-OR-COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:A combination of education and experience. To qualify at the ZS-4 or GS-07 level: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Applicants must possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZS-3 or equivalent to GS-06 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following: Creating and maintaining electronic and/or paper files; Utilizing information systems to track and compile natural resource permits and/or licenses data; and Preparing, disseminating and tracking correspondence. Education Additional Information CTAP and ICTAP candidates will be eligible if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management’s Career Transition Resources website at: applicants MUST submit the following documents:A copy of your specific RIF notice; notice of proposed removal for failure to relocate; a Certificate of Expected Separation (CES); or certification that you are in a surplus organization or occupation (this could be a position abolishment letter, a notice eligibility for discontinued service retirement, or similar notice).A copy of your SF-50 “Notification of Personnel Action”, noting current position, grade level, and duty location;A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; andAny documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents: A copy of your RIF separation notice; notice of proposed removal for failure to relocate; notice of disability annuity termination; certification from your former agency that it cannot place you after your recovery from a compensable injury; or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement;A copy of your SF-50 “Notification of Personnel Action” documenting your RIF separation, noting your positions, grade level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc;A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; andAny documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.NOAA participates in e-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that enables participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.