Occidental Petroleum Production Assistant in LaPorte, Texas
Title: Production Assistant Location: United States-Texas-LaPorte Other Locations:
Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Production Assistant with our Manufacturing Facility located in La Porte, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environmental and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provide attention to detail and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability of the work site as high quality product.
- Ensure that yourself and others are respected, supported and encouraged to grow and succeed in their job.
- Support all safety and environmental programs, and Responsible Care guiding principles to ensure the facilities operate in a manner that protects the environmental and the health and safety of our employees and myself and the public.
You will be the Primary or Backup assistant to take care of the following:
- Enter and distribute the Battleground chlorine railcar report. Work closely with Operations, Marshalling Yard and Dallas Customer Service to meet shipment dates to customers. Enter the SAP billing for Cl2 railcar shipments and maintain all chlorine railcar files.
- Enter updates to the “Management of Change” Access database. Scan and distribute electronic copies of MOC’s, including placing in the control room books for operator notification.
- KPI Monthly Report for the BG Plant
- Order office supplies as needed for the Operations Control Rooms and Operations Building.
- Contact person for the Xerox Copier and Fax machines for the Operations Building, DCS and Cogen area.
- Provide clerical support for the C/A Production Department, Support staff including Operators, Process Supervisors, Shift Supervisors, Superintendents, Process Engineers, Production Managers, Maintenance Manager, Safety Engineer, Corp. Engineering and their Contractor Personnel and Guards.
- Order lunches for the Operations Department and for various other departments when needed. Responsible for the lunches being delivered to the right location.
- Order Safety Equipment from Oxy warehouse for the Operations Bldg.
- Provide vacation coverage/ backup coverage for other production reports and administrative duties.
- Perform other job duties as requested.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications; strong computer skills
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Physical Requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Individual with Disability / Veteran Status