ALDI Risk Associate II (Worker's Compensation) in Naperville, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Oversees Worker’s Compensation claims process from initiation to escalation and resolution.
• Reports new Workers Compensation losses to ALDI’s Third Party Administrators.
• Ensures proper documentation is maintained for Worker’s Compensation files.
• Follows up for injured employee’s work status, and conducting OSHA recordkeeping.
• Performs general office support and administrative assistance as regularly required.
• Interacts with various parties involved in the claim process.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Prepares and provides data and analysis to identify exposures and risks.
• Assists in analyzing current working procedures and in identifying best practices.
• Fosters a spirit of collaboration and teamwork in all aspects of job function.
• Assists in evaluation of feasibility, effectiveness and efficiency of projects and initiatives.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to their direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Risk, Safety Management, Business Administration or a related field.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Understands Workers’ Compensation and General Liability claims handling process.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
• Problem solving skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
- ALDI Jobs