Sage Technical Architect in newcastle, United Kingdom
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Looking to accelerate your architecture career? Want to own, define and set the architecture for global, cloud-based SaaS products and services? See your technical solutions through to launch and beyond? Make a real difference to customers?
You’ll be part of a small multi-disciplinary team of talented, innovative, fresh-thinking colleagues whilst being part of a wider global architecture community. You’ll take an active role in the architecture of our products and services, with the freedom to do the best work of your career.
Your first 12 months will look something like this:
• Set up your new MacBook Pro (other laptops also available).
• Understand the exciting Sage Business Cloud north star vision we are working towards.
• Discover the breadth and depth of the cloud-based SaaS products and services you’ll be working on.
• Work with a wide variety of business/commercial stakeholders and agile delivery teams on fast-moving, innovative projects and initiatives.
• See your architecture directly impact millions of businesses and users across 24 global markets.
• Continue your self-development – with dedicated learning days, and funding to attend or speak at conferences and meetups.
• Make a difference to the communities we live and work in with 5 volunteer days every year.
• Enjoy benefits like flexible holiday allowances, a great pension, a healthcare cash plan, and join the onsite gym if you like.
• Lead high-profile projects, products and services – directly impacting upon the future strategic growth of Sage.
• Own architecture, software design and governance for products and services spanning multiple agile delivery teams.
• Ensure the architecture roadmap supports the effective planning, financing and execution of the Sage Business Cloud strategy.
• Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of software architecture to the completion of complex assignments.
• Demonstrate expertise in the strategy and operationalisation of modern technology trends like cloud, social, mobile, AI, machine learning etc.
• Lead, inspire, motivate, coach and develop technical experts.
• Degree qualified in computer science
• At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
• Passion and ability to quickly understand and master new technologies
• Great appreciation of architecture best practice and patterns
• Know how to define great API’s (REST/JSON/Swagger)
• Strong knowledge of public cloud platforms and services (AWS, ideally)
• Deep experience with modern software application development technologies, tools and processes
• Excellent communicator with good relationship management, influencing skills and solid presentation skills
- Sage Jobs