AdventHealth Scheduling Clerk Full Time Nights in Ocala, Florida
Scheduling Clerk Full Time Nights AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1stAve Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Nights
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Checks all voice messages daily and follows up on scheduling request.
- Reviews next day schedule and promptly follows up on missing elements.
- Accurately searches for patient information during the scheduling process to avoid duplicate medical record.
- Accurately verifies patient insurance information and assigns the proper insurance plan and financial class in HIS.
- Accurately verifies/obtains patient demographic information during scheduling process.
- Verifies that physician orders have appropriate signature and diagnosis information.
- Validates procedure/test scheduled is appropriate to physician orders.
- Understands all preps for any procedure or surgeries and communicates preps to physician and/or patient at time of scheduling.
- Comprehends CPT and procedure codes provided to physician offices
- Accurately gives instructions and/or procedure preparations to patients and physician offices.
- Creates QPA for all scheduled accounts.
- Promptly uses the HPF system when completing the scheduling process to ensure account is assigned to insurance verification.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Communication skills are a must/plus, incumbent must be able to function effectively under stress.
- Familiarity with software packages and navigation techniques.
- Must be able to work under high stress volumes, multi task, detail oriented and works independently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Previous work experience in a radiology outpatient setting required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- One year of office experience in a medical setting is preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs