AdventHealth Surgery Scheduler Family Medicine Orlando FT Days in Orlando, Florida
* Surgery Scheduler - AdventHealth Medical Group*
* Location Address: 7940 Via Dellagio Way, Ste 142, Orlando, FL, 32819*
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group*
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
* Work Hours/Shift: M-Th 8:00am-5:00pm & Friday 8:00am-1:30pm*
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Obtains authorization for hospital admission from patient’s insurance carrier.
- Updates patient account with hospital pre-certification number, admission date, and postoperative days to allow for the timely billing of claims.
- Coordination of surgical schedule with dictationist for patient history and physicals.
- Organizes information needed for appropriate billing to include operative, pathology, and CPT code sheets.
- Maintains monthly totals of inpatient, outpatient, and assisted procedures
* What You Will Need:*
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Medical office experience as cashier or receptionist
- One year of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding experience preferred.
- Experience with word processing & computers preferred. MEDIC software experience a plus.
- Must be willing to float to other FHMG practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
* Job Summary:*
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for greeting, instructing, directing and scheduling patients. Responsibilities include scheduling surgical procedures, pre-admission testing, and posting of surgical charges. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs