Aerotek Shop Manager in Petaluma, California
The Shop Manager is responsible for ensuring that the production team operates in a safe and efficient manner. The Shop Manager will be tasked with supervising the day-to-day operations. This includes maintaining detailed records, coordinating mechanic resources within the shops and field, and maintenance activity. Manage and interact closely with shop personnel as well as field and office management. The Shop Manager will directly manage 5 full-time employees and 2 part-time employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the safety of all shop employees.
• Effectively schedule, direct, and monitor all necessary maintenance and repair of internal equipment while maximizing effective utilization.
• Manage, schedule, and oversee all production team members.
• Provide technical information concerning equipment use & limitations.
• Perform trend analyses for various equipment performance and maintenance issues.
• Track equipment inventory, repairs, maintenance, modifications, rebuilds, & replacements in compliance with Corporate & manufacturer’s guidelines.
• Organize and directly daily production meetings.
• Organize and maintain 5S standards in shops and equipment for efficient and safe work.
• Evaluate all shop employees & recommend training plans as needed for career growth and development
• Hire, train, and evaluate production personnel with assistance from HR.
• Maintain company systems, policies and procedures as well as develop systems to ensure operational satisfaction that meets established budgets.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage and lead production team.
• Capable of producing reports that tracks costs and efficiencies as required by Front Office or the General Manager.
• Solid written, oral, and computer communication skills.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs