Aerotek Medical Assistant in Portland, Oregon
Seeking Medical Assistants for a large hospital in Portland.
Participates with the Health Care Team in delivering quality and customer focused health care to patients in a manner that reflects Kaiser Permanente's mission, vision and values. MA is expected to have competent observational, clinical, critical thinking, communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills in order to meet patient needs and contribute to a positive care experience and work environment.
• Telephonic Medical Assistant will work in large call center to answer inbound phone calls from patients who are scheduling doctors appointments with Kaiser/have enrolled in new Kaiser health insurance.
• The Medical Assistant will ask patients questions regarding their medications, medical history, family medical history, current symptoms, etc.
• This information is gathered prior to the doctors appointment so that the doctor has all of the information ahead of time and can get straight to the care/treatment plan portion of the appointment.
• Prepares and organizes patient's office visit for known reason/procedure by ensuring that all appropriate tests, clinical information (e.g. diagnostic test results, consultation reports, outside records, etc.) and order entries are ready for clinician review prior to appointment time.
• Collects pertinent subjective (e.g. signs & symptoms, allergies, current medication, tobacco use, etc.) and objective (e.g. vital signs, height, weight, etc.) data related to patient's reason for visit (i.e. chief complaint, presenting symptoms or procedure).
• Utilizes standardized tools (e.g. PST, health maintenance alerts) to identify and address health maintenance/care gaps with patient and alerts clinician on those that require his/her attention.
• Recognizes signs and symptoms of common medical illnesses, abnormal versus new/existing and reports to clinician.
• Alerts clinician on signs and symptoms requiring immediate attention and respond to directions per clinician..
• Use KP HealthConnect and other information systems to document all pertinent data and outcomes of patient care according to standardized procedures and policies such as and not limited to the use of SBAR, KP HealthConnect smarttools, etc.
• Updates demographic or historical clinical data gathered in the electronic medical record.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA, NCCT, RMA)
• BLS Certificate
• MA experience (in-person or telephonic)
• EMR/EHR experience (Epic or HealthConnect preferred)
• Strong computer skills (can navigate multiple screens and troubleshoot basic issues)
• MS Office experience
• Ability to multi-task
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs