AAR CORP Sr Trade Compliance Specialist in ROCKLEDGE, Florida
Title: Sr Trade Compliance Specialist
Location: United States-Florida-Rockledge
Job Number: 11948
This position will support the Trade Compliance Manager in ensuring compliance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Trade Compliance Manager with the preparation and drafting of export license applications, review and edit submissions of licenses/agreements to be submitted to the USG ensuring compliance with all federal export and import regulations governing trade in military, dual use and commercial products and systems
- Know and understand trade compliance laws and regulation such as the ITAR, EAR, OFAC and BATF and implement industry best practices in accordance with those laws and regulations
- Ability to draft DDTC license applications on DECCS, including writing transmittal letters and identifying and obtaining all required supporting documentation
- Ability to draft Technical Assistance Agreements for submittal to USG in support of international trade, including defense services
- Knowledgeable of International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Knowledgeable of U.S. Munitions List (USML) classification and Export Control (ECCN) classification of materials technology and equipment as required
- Drafting, submitting and managing export licenses, voluntary disclosures, general correspondences, and classification requests, as required to support business activities
- Proven ability to facilitate resolution of questions and concerns of USG regulators and technical reviewers to improve chances of a favorable outcome
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring USG review process and progress of each submitted request
- Ability to monitor international trade laws and regulatory changes having implications on the companys products; services; technical information; and software
- Manage all import shipments with customs brokers, including proper classification, valuation, origin rules, free trade agreements, special tariff classifications, documentation and recordkeeping
- Support the movement of products and technical data to global sites, including approving export invoices, decrementing licenses, applying AARs use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions and ensuring accuracy of export filing
- Review import shipping documentation for accuracy and ensure accuracy of broker instructions
- Develop, implement and maintain process maps, desktop-level work instructions, and SOPs for export and import compliance related requirements and identify process improvements and automation opportunities
- Identify and deliver import/export training to Logistics team pertaining to import/export requirements
- Conduct monthly export audits and work with Trade Compliance Manager to resolve issues identified
- Use and keep abreast of on-line tools including but not limited to DECCS, SNAP-R, and AES Direct
- Attend appropriate export training seminars and stay current of new developments in all areas of export compliance
- Maintain and keep current all shipment documentation in compliance with all record keeping requirements
- Support investigations, Government inquiries, external audits
- Obtain and maintain a clearance at the cusotmer prescribed level
- Perform other duties as assigned
Q UAL I F I CAT IO NS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree or four years experience in lieu of degree
- PMP certified
Skills & Experience Required:
- 9 years related experience beyond education / equivalent work history working in a similar role
- Strong skills classifying items under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Practical experience applying EAR, ITAR, US Customs regulations and Foreign Trade regulations.
- Strong understanding of export license application processes
- Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license; including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional teams driving, developing and implementing Customs related procedures and work instructions
- Strong project management and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills
- The ability to effectively handle time critical issues and meet goals despite unexpected setbacks, obstacles, or time constraints
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Position requires the ability to obtain and/or maintain a security clearance by the customer
- Trade Compliance experience on a U.S. Government contract
- Aircraft parts classification experience preferred
- Basic understanding of computer programming a plus
- Preference given to applicants with FormTool experience.
C O R E C O M PETENC I E S
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision;
is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal &
written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short- & long-term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing
urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up to date on technology
& approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement;
analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest,
socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- AAR CORP Jobs