Hensel Phelps Facility Solutions Associate in San Francisco, California
General Position/Summary of Position Requirements:
The Solutions Associate role is focused on conducting and delivering process solutions for the delivery and implementation of facility services and operations.
• Work with technical and subject matter experts to support and prepare process documentation in accordance with company guidelines and philosophies.
• Develop written and graphical materials to support the documentation of systems and solutions.
• Coordinate with other members of the Solution’s staff.
• Determine process based on knowledge, experience and correspondence with design/engineering firms.
• Read and understand plans and specifications.
• Researches and collects input from multiple internal and external resources.
• Understanding of relationships to the ongoing success of Hensel Phelps.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Possess basic written communications skills and be detail oriented.
• Minimum of one (1) plus years’ experience in professional services, construction, maintenance and operations contracts.
• Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to function as part of a high-performance team.
• Working knowledge of facilities operations and building systems.
• Ability to work collaboratively in mobile work environment.
• Software proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Project, Word, SharePoint).
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned nor is it considered a contract of employment overriding at-will employment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
LANGUAGE SKILLS - The ability to read, understand and communicate in English is required. Communication includes both verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with other tradesmen as well as peers, supervisors and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS – Ability to perform simple mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Must also have the ability to understand concepts such as diameter, radius, circumference, percentages, decimals and fractions.
REASONING ABILITY - Must have a good sense of mechanical systems and understands the concepts that make them operate in a safe and efficient condition. Ability to comprehend instructions that are presented in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to climb, work in hot or cold environments within the scope of OSHA and other applicable jurisdiction regulations, perform confined space entry via manhole or other available ingress/egress points, must be able to safely carry and or hold a minimum of twenty-five (25) pounds and perform all required range of motions normally expected of a person performing maintenance work. Employee must be able to work standing up, sitting, crouching or lying prone while properly using hand and power tools to perform assigned tasks. Employee must be able to work while wearing prescribed safety equipment including, but not limited to, safety shoes. While performing job duties, the employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Reach with hands/arms is also required. The ability to communicate while working, both via speech and hearing is required. Vision requirements include the ability to see close work, see distance, use depth perception and adjust focus both for distance and for changing light conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to heat (up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit) and cold (down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit) for short periods of time (and with appropriate protective equipment) may be experienced. Exposure to humid and wet environments is also anticipated. Transitioning from job site to job site within the environment may require the ability to bend, crawl and climb safely. The work environment frequently requires exposure to mechanical and electrical systems and equipment. Exposure to fumes, airborne particles (such as dust and water vapor), possible electric shock, chemicals of a toxic or corrosive nature and vibration may also be present. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.
Hensel Phelps is an equal opportunity employer and contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Hensel Phelps will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Hensel Phelps’ legal duty to furnish information.
- Hensel Phelps Jobs