Lockheed Martin Guidance, Navigation and Control Sr Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want join a culture that inspires employees to think creatively, exceed their own expectations and build incredible products? We provide the resources, support and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our mission in Engineering & Technology (E&T) is to create the next generation of solutions for our customers and support the whole lifespan of a product. From beneath the sea to the galaxy, we dream big and make it all possible.
As a GN&C senior engineer, you will assist with development activities within our Spacecraft and Missiles organization and help mentor more junior engineers. You will be working on missile and satellite control related subsystems such as thrust vector control systems, hot and cold gas attitude control systems as well as control moment gyros. You will model physical systems and develop control related algorithms associated with said models. You will be responsible for simulation development and checkout of the algorithms followed up with lab test of real hardware for validation of physical models and algorithms. Also, you will perform performance related analysis to validate requirements, document and present your analysis results.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with GN&C control theory and physical modeling related to spacecraft and/or missile systems, as well as testing
- MATLAB/Simulink expertise
- Understanding a program life cycle encompassing requirements generation, design, analysis, integration, verification, and testing of the GN&C subsystem for space applications
- Knowledge of GN&C hardware
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Experience with auto-code generation from Simulink, specifically HDL autocode generation
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing
- GN&C Hardware Experience for spacecraft and missiles as well as hardware development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated learner
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs